Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lessons learned : Grails upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.3.6

Recently (due to the downtime provided by holidays), I upgraded our main project to grails 1.3.6 from 1.2.1. It wasn't a smooth ride. Here are some lessons learned (I'll continue to add):

1. Don't wait too long before grails upgrade. Do an upgrade at your first opportunity. That saves you from being on your own island.

2. If you use groovyws jar, make sure you exclude xmlbeans and jaxen. These are available in jdk1.6. This wasn't a problem in older grails; the classloading has probably changed.

runtime('org.codehaus.groovy.modules:groovyws:0.5.2') {
excludes 'xmlbeans', 'jaxen'
}


3. I am currently trying to find out why the integration tests are not rolling back the data inserts. I'll put the solution here once I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment